(612) 808-6031

Employment-Based Immigration

Coming to work in the United States is a life-long dream for many immigrants, and with the help of an employment-based visa, it can become a reality. Whether you’re hoping to obtain a shorter-term, non-immigrant visa, or you have an offer of employment and would like to become a permanent resident, Kenneth Ubong Udoibok, P.A., can help you determine the ideal visa for your situation.

There are several employment visas available and you may feel overwhelmed trying to figure out which one you should be appropriate for you. Kenneth Ubong Udoibok, P.A. will be able to provide you with a definitive answer, but these are some of the employment-based immigration visas that we commonly handle in our office:

TN Visa:

This was created for professionals under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Under this category, qualifying professionals may enter the U.S. to work for a U.S. company or for a Canadian or Mexican company in the U.S. when those firms are engaged to work on projects with U.S-based companies. Under NAFTA, Laredo is a major gateway for international trade, so we understand the demand for processing these types of visas with great efficiency.

H-1B Visa:

This was primarily designed to attract skilled professionals in specialty occupations, such as researchers, engineers, software programmers, and professors. The individual must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher—though experience can sometimes be substituted for education—and can work in the U.S. for a maximum of six years. It is possible to apply for and obtain a green card while still being a holder of this visa.

L-1 Visa (L-1A and L-1B):

L visas involve the transfer of company personnel; L-1A is for transferring executives and managers, while L-1B is for workers with specialized knowledge. Your employer must file the petition on your behalf, seeking to transfer you from the foreign affiliate. L-1A visas let you stay in the U.S. for up to seven years, and L-1B visas let you stay in the U.S. for up to five years.

We also cover:

  • H-2A – Seasonal Agricultural Workers – Review USCIS H-2A program requirements and regulations, which apply to all petitions filed for this visa category;
  • H-2B – Temporary or Seasonal Nonagricultural Workers – Review USCIS H-2B program requirements and regulations, which apply to all petitions filed for this visa category.
  • H-3 Trainees (other than medical or academic) – This visa type also applies to practical training in the education of handicapped children.
  • O-1 – Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or extraordinary achievements in the motion picture and television field.
  • O-2 – Persons Accompanying an O-1 to assist in an artistic or athletic performance for a specific event or performance.
  • P-1 – Individual or Team Athletes, or Members of an Entertainment group that are internationally recognized.
  • P-2 – Artists or Entertainers who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program.
  • P-3 – Artists or Entertainers who perform under a program that is culturally unique.
  • Q-1 Participants in an International Cultural Exchange Program for the purpose of providing practical training, employment, and the sharing of the history, culture, and traditions of the alien’s home country.

Lawyers and Staff at Kenneth Ubong Udoibok, P.A. have experience in employment-based immigration and serve clients around the country. Being able to work in the United States is a huge opportunity, so we understand the importance of getting your visa application correct the first time around and handling everything in a timely fashion. Our law firm’s focus is on resolving immigration law problems around the country. When you work with Kenneth Ubong Udoibok, P.A., we will explain your options and answer any questions you may have. We return all calls promptly, offer payment plans, and provide courteous and professional service.

Call us today at 612-808-6031 or reach out via our contact form for a free, no-obligation consultation.